- 1988: Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back
- 1989: De La Soul - 3 Feet High and Rising
- 1990: Digital Underground - Sex Packets
- 1991: De La Soul - De La Soul is Dead
- 1992: Gang Starr – Daily Operation
- 1993: Freestyle Fellowship - Innercity Griots
- 1994: Justice System - Rooftop Soundcheck
- 1995: Gza - Liquid Swords
- 1996: Siah & Yeshua DapoED - Siah & Yeshua DapoED EP
- 1997: Company Flow - Funcrusher Plus
- 1998: Outkast - Aquemini
- 1999: Prince Paul - A Prince Among Thieves
- 2000: Common - Like Water for Chocolate
- 2001: Cannibal Ox - The Cold Vein
- 2002: Antipop Consortium - Arrhythmia
- 2003: Jaylib - Champion Sound
- 2004: IsWhat?! - You Figure It Out
- 2005: The Lost Children of Babylon – The 911 Report: The Ultimate Conspiracy
- 2006: Clutchy Hopkins - The Life of Clutchy Hopkins
- 2007: Shape of Broad Minds - Craft of the Lost Art
- 2008: Prolyphic & Reanimator - The Ugly Truth
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Finishing the Mechy Awards for Best Hip Hop Album: 1988-2008
When I started this blog I was dishing out some Mechies for the best album of each year for past years. I gave up on blogging before I finished and only made it through 1987. Here's a quick post to finish what I started.