Monday, January 31, 2011

Hannibal King


http://hannibalkingmusic.com/

Recently I listened to an album (or maybe it's a mixtape) by some guy named G.R.A.M.Z. That album isn't good, but the best part of it by far is the production on three tracks by Hannibal King. In 2009 I downloaded a free album by him without knowing who he was because it was titled Eating Cornbread on the Millennium Falcon and the cover art was a picture of a guy wearing a stormtrooper helmet and holding a plate of cornbread. It's a producer album with mostly emcees I've never heard of. At the time, I thought it was good, but I didn't really pay close attention, and I didn't listen to it again. After hearing the G.R.A.M.Z. album, I went back and listened to Eating Cornbread on the Millennium Falcon again, and it's better than I originally thought. Then I downloaded his two Villains Gone Bad beat tapes from 2010 that I never bothered to download, and they're dope too (particularly the first one). Unless I'm forgetting someone, he's probably the best new producer to come out in the past few years, so I'm making a recommendation to check him out. All three of his albums are available for free at http://hannibalkingmusic.com/.